Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

In training

Greg Hicks and I are training for a triathalon.... Our goal is to do a Half Iron man which is 1.2 miles swimming followed by a 56 mile bike and finished with a 13.2 mile run. Why you ask? Because we can... or at least we think we can. We have been swimming laps in my condo pool for a few weeks now and Sunday we gave the open water a try at Pineview Reservoir. What did we learn? That we have a whole lot of training to do LOL! We only went to the bouy and back and did a terrible job of keeping a frestyle stroke going. The upside is that we didn't drown, we got a greast workout and we're learning a lot. There is an incredible amount of satisfaction that comes with reaching the progressive goals and I have almost conquered my fear of water, I hope.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hey cool! which one are you thinking of doing?

Gennaveeve said...

Holy Cow Kimber! Is there anything you can't do?

Cyndi Barker said...

WOW!
Way to go!
Can we come and cheer you on and take pictures of you?
-during the triathalon, not drowning in the reservoir.

Unknown said...

You are awesome that is great!

party of 2 said...

Haven't decided which one yet but leaning towards the Utah Half Iron Man in Provo Next August. So I have a year to train.

Holly Walker said...

Have you signed up? Let me know which race you choose. You can do it!!

I did California 70.3 about a month ago and it was awesome (even if the water was only 59 degrees!) You feel so much better at the finish line than with a marathon! I went bowling with the kids a couple of hours later and I can't even walk normally after a marathon.

Best of luck to you! We need to catch up some time and swap stories.

Love ya,

Holly